We show you here how we make Barre et Brunel Footwear and why this way...
1. Leather vamp : All our shoes are made with European leather, from Hermes tannery among other, yet the best for this range of footwear. It is breathable, resistant, beautiful...
2. One piece leather lining : why one piece? One piece means that there is not stitching inside the shoes, to make sure it does not hurt the foot.
3. Toe puff : to keep the shape of the toe even if someone steps on you.
4. Welt and Goodyear stitching : Goodyear welted shoes are still the most durable dress shoes. Goodyear welted shoes can be resolled forever.
5. Closed channel : The Goodyear stitching is protected by a thin layer of leather under the sole to protect it.
6. Leather insole : the leather is breathable soft and durable.
7. Cork filling : the cork is breathable and will always keep the shape of the foot.
8. Leather outsole : why do we still keep leather to make the sole of dress shoes? The leather is breathable, let the air get in and out the shoes. This avoides the bad smells. The leather is also soft and durable.
9. Rubber sheet : this is to make sure the shoes keeps the right shape.
10. Leather heel : the heel is made from leather and not from wood like a lot of people think.
11. Rubber heel : we use rubber for this part because it is the most delicate part of the shoes. This rubber part can be changed as soon as it is worn out.
12. Counterfort : this is the keep the heel part strong.
13. Confort padding : just for more confort.
14. Suede lining : suede is only at the heel part to make sure the heel does not come up when we walk.
15. Piping : the piping is a thin layer of leather between the lining and the upper to reinforce the opening of the shoes and make sure it keeps the right shape.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly